Fraunhofer USA Center Midwest CMW
Fraunhofer USA's Center Midwest (Fraunhofer USA CMW) combines a broad range of material development and processing capabilities within its two Michigan based locations. The Coatings and Diamond Technologies Division located in East Lansing develops innovative solutions for thin film and diamond applications. The Laser Applications Division, located in Plymouth offers process solutions ranging from micro to macro scale. Since 1998 our team of experienced engineers and scientists develops solutions based on physical and chemical vapor deposition (PVD, CVD) and laser technologies. Our technology portfolio includes:
- next generation diamond-like carbon and ceramic coatings for demanding applications
- synthetic diamond materials
- laser welding, cladding, additive manufacturing, and heat treatment
Our services include:
- development of novel and proprietary coating solutions for unique customer applications
- plasma source development advancing our customers technologies
- develop new diamond solutions with our customer demands in mind
- laser applications development and prototyping services
Our goal is to provide our customers with competitive next generation technology solutions. Such solutions include advanced process development of new materials including technology transfer and equipment installations. As part of our services we provide our customers with access to state-of-the-art thin film coatings, diamond materials and laser applications.
Since 2003 Fraunhofer USA CMW and Michigan State University closely collaborate on applied research and development projects in the areas of diamond and coatings technologies.
Fraunhofer USA CMW belongs to Fraunhofer USA, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in Rhode Island that is dedicated to the advancement of applied research. Fraunhofer USA was founded in 1994 to conduct applied R&D for customers from industry and state governments and the federal government in the United States.
Working closely with Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Europe’s largest application-oriented research and development organization, Fraunhofer USA and its Centers can offer both domestic and international resources to enhance its portfolio of R&D services.