Real-time process visualization and monitoring remains a key area of importance for use of lasers in commercial production applications such as laser welding.
Fraunhofer has developed both the hardware and required software for monitoring of laser welding applications. For both seam and spot welding applications, we have high speed camera vision capability that can record the welding process in real-time and provide both image and video data from the process as well as the important signal information about the process.
This information is processed and calibrated with reference signal based on pre-determined actual ‘good’ weld measurements. Using customized image processing algorithms, it is possible to detect a number of common weld defects.
- Turn-key laser in-process monitoring system
- High speed camera (frame rate up to 750 fps) with illumination
- Robust industrial system can be integrated in excisting laser welding setup
- Defect detection operator feedback (OK/NOK)
- Continuous real-time visualization of weld process
- Image processing algorithms for process monitoring
- Direct image and video data